Wednesday, February 3, 2010

What the Milk Tastes Like.

Yes yes I did it. I pumped-on accident-more than I could take and there was a good drink left at the bottom of the bottle. I don't know exactly why; probably half curiosity, half not being able to throw in the trash all that precious, hard-worked-for stuff, but without thinking twice I chugged it down. And I am telling you that stuff is sweet. Like warm sugar water.
So BS on waiting to introduce fruits until after veggies so that the baby won't get hooked on sugar. My breast milk tasted like baby cream soda.
And suddenly it was weird that we drink milk from cows, and not just have the mama supply it for her family. Big boobs for a lifetime, plus the benefit of being able to eat whatever because you're burning so many calories pumping for the family's cereal.
Then that was weird.

6 comments:

Katie Marie said...

I can't bring myself to taste it, it grosses me out. I also can't bring myself to taste baby food. I can't help it I think it is all so gross.

Deaira Dea said...

A friend of ine found a recipe for Breastmilk Ice cream she'd thought about making for her little ones once upon a time... I found a website with other uses for it that was interesting... Next time you have surplus? :) http://www.examiner.com/x-14809-Birmingham-Green-Parenting-Examiner~y2009m7d31-Uses-for-breastmilk-101

Angel said...

I tasted my milk (when it was for Tallulah)...I had to know. Sweet sugary buttery cream milk. Oh how we spoil them! or How God has designed us to give them the perfect food...and the best tasting! When you say it out load, it does sound a little weird,but what-ev. <3

Angel said...

I tasted my milk (when it was for Tallulah)...I had to know. Sweet sugary buttery cream milk. Oh how we spoil them! or How God has designed us to give them the perfect food...and the best tasting! When you say it out load, it does sound a little weird,but what-ev. <3

Charel said...

I tasted mine too and it really is sweet! No wonder why Izaiah loves it! I just don't get how they can like formula I can't even stand the smell of it! lolz

Lindsey Briggs said...

I don't understand why baby milk and food is considered so detestable... if it were that gross, why would we be feeding it to our children?? (though I agree the stuff that comes in the jars can be shady, thus the reason I've always made most of Evie's food) Good job breaking out of the box and going for it, girl!