Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sabbath.

Oh this morning! I hate you.
This is a morning when I definitely don't want any more kids or dogs. Demanding, snot nose, scratchy paws, mess making creatures. All four of them.
The pups are outside now, Ethan is playing contently with his trains, and Noah is watching him with an occasional coo, so it really isn't all that bad now, but it was.
I don't know how single moms or dads do it.
Yesterday about did me in--from grandma's to kickboxing to grandma's to Costco (on a Saturday morning no less) to home to lunch to imaginary naps to Red Lobster for an anniversary lunch to home to Round Table pizza for Ethan's birthday party. Mix all that in with a hot dog and soda at Costco, the Seaside Trio at Red Lobster, and soda and pizza for dinner. Want to puke yet? Yeah. Me too. So this morning I am toying with the idea of not going to church because the thought of getting ready makes my head want to implode.
I'm having to deal with the guilt of not going to church versus my overwhelming desire to rest and not wear myself into the ground before starting a whole other week of madness. I think I will take my Sabbath here, and thank God for it.

No comments: