Sunday, September 27, 2009

sleepy, pretty days.

September is beautiful. It's been so warm, it still feels like August, only it cools down at night making a warm bed feel so comforting, and in the morning a cup of coffee hits the spot. I could drink three cups if I let myself.
Last night we went to a BBQ at my dear friend's house. Lots of old friends were there, friends who went through my fun, if not somewhat troubled teen years with. We all have kids now, and it's like watching little mini me's run around. Little Angel, little Luke, little Joey. It's weird, like you are literally watching time pass in front of you.
Then today we went to a BBQ at Joey's parents house. Noah came along in that big, old car seat of his, quiet as a mouse. It's like he's been here all along.
We all walked down to the triangle park near the house and played a game of whiffle ball, something that we do once a summer or so with his family. This time, Ethan actually got to play.
I am so tired I am almost falling asleep as I sit here, typing.

No comments: