Monday, September 21, 2009

I need a bra.

This picture has nothing to do with the post. It's just cute.
It feels soooo amazing to have that kid out--of my pelvis, of my ribs, not smashing all my vital organs anymore. I can breath, I can go longer than twelve minutes without peeing, and my back can straighten. Ahhhhh....
The transition from one kid to two has been smooth, no unexpected bombs here. I've heard the second kid is harder, but that is a heavy load of bs. I don't feel completely disorientated, like I just became a different person (named "mother") like I did with Ethan. All the crazy feedings, all the red face screaming (because the little guy has to burp, duh. Why was that so hard to figure out the first time?) all the alone time gone--is no big deal.
I am enjoying him so much. His little weepy sounds he makes after I nurse him remind me of a tiny, hurt bird. He's so open and vulnerable.
Today we will venture to Target because Khole's and Wal-mart (Wal-mart doesn't carry something! Amazing!) have decided nursing mothers don't matter in this world so they don't carry nursing bras. Hello? This really hit me low. I mean, this is a vital piece of clothing, not like some dumb shirt. For the past week, I have either been going braless (braless!! with huge,wet boobs!) or I completely remove, (i.e. get halfway undressed) my regular bra. Nursing in public is bad enough with the proper attire. Without, it is unbearably embarrassing.
So anyway, I heard Target, bless them, carries nursing bras. I think I might tip the cashier on the way out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, we carry em. And nursing cami's too. Not a huge selection but cheaper than Babies r Us or Motherhood. Take Care and have a great day!!

Love,
Fran

Amy said...

I LOVE the nursing tanks that I got from Target! Perfect for sleeping in and just being around the house. So comfy that they are the only bra I want to wear. But I have a reg one from Motherhood Maternity (yes, more $ but I'm an odd size and target didn't fit me) that I like too for when I'm actually getting dressed and going somewhere. I hope you have good luck today!

Lindsey Briggs said...

I hated shopping for nursing bras and found the same thing very discouraging, that apparently nursing moms don't matter... I was so thankful to find the maternity store in the roseville mall... but I'm sure that's a bit out of your way :-) I practically lived in the sleep bra I got there, soo comfortable. here's a link:
sleep bra

Charel said...

I love the nursing camis from target and the nursing bra i got there was $13 i think and the 1 i got at babiesrus was $18 and the motherhood brand but both are nice and functional. We want to come see u guys but Ive come down with a head cold so well stay away till it clears up.

Charel said...

oh and my way of still wearing my favorite everyday bra from victoria secret is with the removable straps I just unhook the front 1 and its like a nursing bra if that helps any

Joey said...

Charel, you are a genius, thank you.
-d