Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sept. 8, 2009.

First week of work went well. I am thankful for the schedule and the money. The kids, well, they will have to grow on me. I can't tell you how many times I have said I will never be a teacher, and here I am, lessons plans and all.
The first day one kid pooed his pants. I swear he did it on purpose. Other than that--and feeling like the meanest woman ever on Thursday because by then I think the whole class and me were just plain sick of each other-- the week went surprisingly fast and well. And whoever planned Labor day the second week into school was an absolute genius.
I've noticed the last couple of days the weather is cooler; I don't open the doors anymore in the morning, and hot tea feels better than it has. Today I even ate breakfast with a blanket over my legs.
I am ready for this change.
The balloon races are this weekend and if I don't have a new baby I would like to be there, early in the cold morning with a cup of hot chocolate. I remember a time when Joey and I were dating, or maybe we were brand new married, and we went to the races with my sister. Something about a warm, fleece blanket and hot chocolate, walking in the dark down to the park holding his hand...it's a good memory, one that won't be able to be re-lived for who knows how long, but in a sense that is what makes it so dear.
I am having contractions sparadically (like now). I don't remember having these pre-labor fakies with Ethan. I think I was a different woman when I was pregnant with Ethan. If I remember correctly, there wasn't one bad thing about being pregnant to her.
Now? seriously, you don't want to ask. Ironically, I have gained HALF the amount of weight with Noah as I did with Ethan, yet I feel double or quadrouble the amount of discomfort. I fart without knowing it until it's too late. Sleeping well is a thing of the distant past. My butt probably has a permant toliet ring around it from peeing so much. I waddle, and people I hardly know point this fact out to me. My hormones (yes, I am blaming it on them) have called my husband the most horrible things, right to his face. And finally, I feel like I am lugging around a bumby, hard, six pound boulder that makes standing, sitting, and lying down somehow painful.
So I am on my hands and knees, praying to God I will be two or three centimeters on Friday, so my doctor will induce me.


3 comments:

Katie Marie said...

Oh I feel your pain, I was there a short 5 weeks ago. But now as I look down at the little nugget asleep in my lap it was all SO worth it.

You will be there soon, I can't wait to see pics of your little one.

Erin Holland said...

I love your honesty EVERY TIME you blog... I am praying for you this Friday. SO much!

You are beautiful and I am so blessed to get to read parts of your life that I can so relate to:)

Hugs to you friend!

Charel said...

Danae if you're dilated when they check you ask them if they could strip your membranes. I know that they did that to Jen, Jamie, and I. They stripped mine Tuesday morning I walked all day Wednesday came home took a bath and a nap woke up with contractions headed to the hospital water broke and I had a baby 5 hours later. And if they're already planning on inducing its kinda like a natural inducing method I think cuz my mom said that get. But just trying to help. We're praying for little Noah to arrive soon!