Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day.

It is perfect outside, hot and barely any wind. Joey has been doing yard work all day. I did just a little; weeding on a pregnant back = pain. So I went to the store instead and bought a couple of things we need for the BBQ tonight. I'm making Frozen Grasshopper Squares for dessert (oreos, mint chocolate chip ice cream and cool whip- YUM).
Yesterday we spent the afternoon in Graeagle. The forty five minute drive up gave Joey and I some much needed talking time as Ethan slept in the back seat. I felt a hundred times better by the time we got up to the mill pond, and I was thinking that this is just what we need: time to talk. I was hopeful that if we only made an effort to talk about our life and what is going on, we'd be OK. On the same page. Standing by each other.
When I told him how much better I felt after we talked about everything, he said, "I get sick of talking about it."
Nice.
Somehow though, I still feel better. I guess I am just going to have to sabotage him into hour long car trips every other week or so.
On the way home we listened to Journey, music that has become somewhat of a staple on long rides. On this particular ride home, I loved the singers rock, smokey voice. I loved how the songs seemed to fit the landscape of the long empty road in front of us, surrounded by huge hills and a never ending blue sky.
I'm forever yours, faithfully.

No comments: