Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tagged.



I can't lie. I totally cheated. Emery tagged me this morning-take your picture RIGHT this second without sprucing up a darn thing-but we were late to grandmas and waiting for my computer to load and all that crap just didn't happen. So this is what I look like at four in the afternoon. Right after a nap. Still, quite a different picture than what you would have seen at seven in the morning. Just picture my hair with a ton more volume, like a dark brown bike helmet, with random hair pokey's here and there, and my eyes dark and sunken unto my head, with no mascara to pull them out. SO...now I get to tag KELLY and DEAIRA! (If you cheat, I understand).

I miss Joey. He's away. I was mad as hell. But today driving to Burlington some dumb country song and the prayers from my family all collided at the same time, hitting my heart, and I realized all the anger I was feeling for him was really a whole ton of longing. The last couple of times we've spoken on the phone I have been short, giving him only one word answers. I wanted to make it plain as day that I hated his guts. I love my husband dearly, but the man is clueless, having never attended How To Make Danae Happy school.
This marriage thing is a ride. Honestly I never imagined it would be this painful, and scary.
I found out yesterday this little guy in my uterus is a boy. I never thought of myself being a mother to boys and I feel outnumbered. I grew up with girls, I have all girl friends, and boys (especially lately,especially the ones I live with) I just don't get. They are weird, like aliens. I am trying to get Ethan's new room ready, and I am having the hardest time picking the bedding, the wall color, everything, because I'm just not comfortable with boy stuff. I keep second guessing myself: But do boys like this???
I guess as long as it's not girly, they don't care--except Ethan loves this pink guitar, and that really is the sweetest thing ever.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey Danae!

I hope you are feeling better! Maybe we could meet up this week at the park?

Shelley

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of you Danae. And love the blog too. Congrats on having another little boy.
Love ya.

Fran