Thursday, April 9, 2009

Drawing to a Close.

Last night the whole family went to dinner, some cowboy place that others have raved about but I thought was a little soggy overall. Ethan was in a mood, which in turn put Joey in a mood, which in turn put me in a mood. In the midst of everyone's polite conversation, we all kept giving each other dirty looks.
Afterward we took the boys to Jump Man Jump, one of the most fun places in this whole town. The boys run and jump (obviously) and everyone smiles a lot. The boys didn't necessarily play together, like I thought they would, but they each had their own jumping good time. Ethan liked a particular round bounce house this time, while Andrew preferred what Ethan refers to as the "obstacle course". It was the cutest thing to watch his blue flannel blur past as he ran to get back in, over and over. Deana could barely keep up and I definitely could not; this whole pregnancy belly has put the big kibosh on any cardiovascular exercise that requires more vigor than a slow stroll.
It is sad to think that Deana and Andrew's visit is coming to an end, but not really sad like it would be if they weren't MOVING HERE in three months. I can't wait to be a part of Andrew's life more day to day. Of course, not quite as day to day as this vacation has been--my dishwasher has been loaded once in the last two weeks, my floors have not been vacuumed, and in all reality doing any housework seems odd, like it was something I used to do years ago, but don't do anymore.
Yeah, big reality check coming on Friday afternoon, when they get in that darling blue Volvo to head out of town, and everything is quiet again. The house will be calling, "CLEAN ME."
Joey has been quite patient.
A couple nights ago we watched Marley and Me, and I sobbed like a baby, totally embarrassed on the couch next to Joey while he just sat there. In fact, I think he was laughing at me on the inside. I could barely keep it together--my emotional and bodily reaction wanted to sob like everyone I had ever loved was being put down with that darn dog.
Then last night I dreamt Joey let me get not one, not two, but three lab puppies. Even I was a little overwhelmed, what with the potty training and all. Five dogs in my kitchen was a little crowded, but I liked it. And then I woke up and realized it was only a dream, and my two little doggies sleeping in my kitchen needed to go outside to pee and would want their breakfast.
I didn't mention the dream to Joey; stuff like that just irritates him.

No comments: