Tuesday, March 25, 2008

La di da.

At work. Again.

It's quiet and wonderful. One new co-worker/friend is going to get me set up with a new project involving old buildings, interviews, and a camera (as in TV camera). I am a little scared and a really excited. The City Architect also chatted with me for a while and after I told him I tried Interior Design at UNR but couldn't get past the drafting, asked if I was good with colors. And now I am going to help him choose the colors for a new children's center they are doing. SWEET.

This is all good for me. It's coming slow, but it's building confidence that I can actually do something in the real world-as in outside of people who love me and will forgive me no matter what awful color combination I put on their walls.

I guess it's too early to really say--I'll let you all know what happens after I pick the colors.

We went to Red Robin last night with Jen and Sam. Ethan thought we were going to Red Lobster-"I wanna see the big lobster!" But once we got inside and he flirted with the waitresses a bit, winning free fries right away, he was happy. Also, he LOVES the strawberry lemonade.
Afterwards Jen suggested we go to Michael's just to look around (Joey was, um, a little irritated), but it ended up being fun anyway. I least I thought it was. I think Joey did too--by the end he was making jokes about all the worthless stuff in that store, trying on a gigantic, red ruby ring on his pinkie and flashing it around like Barbara Streisand on Funny Girl. We went home and put the little man to bed and watched Hot Rod. It was lame, but we didn't shut it off, even though before the movie I said, "If this is lame we are turning it off."

1 comment:

Simon Jooste said...

have you told him how you really are with colors? I guess maybe you've learned a lot by trial and error :) It should be fun...
Simon rearanged our bedroom last night. It made the whole room look so much bigger and less cluttered! Now I want to organize and clean the whole house. But I can't, because I have a little man hanging on my leg, whining all day. Oh well, I'll wait till summer when Simon can take him outside while I clean (hopefully I will not have lost my inspiration by then - summer is a long time away!)