Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Redemption: the New Normal.


I miss Joey terribly.  It's late and I haven't seen him since Sunday and at two o'clock this afternoon with the world buzzing around me it was fine but now, with only the buzz of the fridge, I really really miss him.
I know I shouldn't feel entitled to having a normal life, because there is no such thing, but sometimes during the day when I'm running around, here and there, and the thought occurs to me that soon I'll be off, I'd like to be able to think that soon I'll be relaxing with my husband. But no. I don't get that thought.
Although his profession has given us a very comfortable lifestyle and a certain security (as much as one can have) for our future, this aspect of it makes me sad tonight, and on other night's, when I have more energy, makes me angry.
Also been thinking a lot of Proverbs 31, the "go to" chapter it seems for women when we wanna know how we should live.
I love this woman. She's strong, smart, and confident. She laughs at the future. She's brave. She's joyful.  Her husband trusts her, her children love her.  She works her ass off. She makes wise financial decisions and grows her family's assets. She reminds me to dig down, deep deep down, and do everything I can to be the best woman I can be, to become the full potential of what God was thinking when He formed  me in my mother's womb.
Of all the different directions I am pulled and all the struggles that exist in each one, the most securing, comforting, thought is that no matter what, I am His, and He is mine. There is so much freedom there to be who we were created to be, to take risks, to explore, to not get stuck in boxes and cliches as to what things are "supposed" to look like; as to what 'normal' is.
There is no normal, only a Love that never stops, that reaches into every situation, every schedule, every mistake, every regret, every doubt, and offers redemption.





No comments: