Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Unforgettable.

Surgery went really really well. He's got two killer incisions from the skin graphs to add to his previous three. They are right near his groin so he walks like my Grammie, all bent over to try and compensate for the tightness and pain . Then he has his "helmet" to protect his ear which he really hates to wear. He has to wear it for a week, long enough that by the end the front part will be covering his eyes, driving us all insane.

 He has been so brave through all three, never crying or freaking out, even though I know sometimes he wanted to. He always has been super friendly with the nurses and surprisingly resilient and self reliant, like this time as they were transferring him from the surgical gurney to his hospital bed after walking up in recovery. The nurses were preparing to lift him and instead he just crawled right over himself.
He wrote his doctor a letter so that the doctor "would not forget him".  It reads, "Thank you for being my ear docter. I am nervous but, I can't wait becaues after we might get a pet and I will get a huge bag of toys and a bubble gum ice cream cone."
On the front he drew an ear.
I think he's pretty much unforgettable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to cry.. He is so unforgettable!
Love you. Daelynn