Sunday, May 22, 2011

Saturday Bliss.

Sunday morning and I'm missing my blog (writing) more than I'm missing working out. So that's a lot. Work is going fabulous, the boys have adjusted just fine, my breakdowns have been minimal. I'm heading into week four and that seems just impossible it's gone by that quickly.
Yesterday was a super fun day. We went to Saint's to work out; I did a sculpting class which I always love because when I leave my muscles feel stronger than they did before. Joey did his own thing and than he swam; I love that he gets to swim now because I work there. Makes me feel like I am giving him something, you know? He loves to swim. I used to like swimming too before I wore eye make-up and spent forty minutes on my hair every morning. Now the thought of swimming, well, you might as well line me up on a brick wall and spray me down with a fire hose. But he can still love it; he's bald and never wears mascara.
After the gym we went straight to Ethan's t-ball game. It was one of the rare ones that's been warm and bearable, which actually made it relaxing and enjoyable. On the way home we stopped and did some grocery shopping at Scolari's with the kiddie fire engine carts that Joey always lets the boys get. I hate those things. Not only is it as embarrassing as driving a light teal Astro minivan in the store, turning into the isles is almost impossible and you can completely forget about turning around mid-isle-not going to happen. Plus, you always have the risk of taking out whole center displays with it's non-u-turn radius. On top of that it's grimy as hell and I'm sure has sicknesses growing all over it like a high school science project.
Once we got home and got the kids in bed I made brownies for our after-dinner-dessert and then hopped in the shower while Joey went for a run.
The best part of the day was getting out the shower to a quiet house that smelled like brownies and lying down on the couch in my bathrobe, my wet hair wrapped in my towel like a turban, and resting for fifteen minutes without so much as a peep from the boys bedrooms. Ahh, bliss.
Then I got all dolled up and as soon as Joey got home ran out the door to meet my friend for drinks at the local Mexican restaurant just down the street. It felt great to be getting out and doing something which felt so normal but really is such huge, abnormal thing for a mom to do: get all dolled up, leave her husband and children on a Saturday afternoon, and go have drinks with a friend from work, just for the heck of it.
When I came home Joey looked like the Gladiator had gotten a hold of him. His left eye especially was all bloodshot and looked like there was a golf ball underneath of it. He explained that he must of breathed in some awful plant that gave him an allergic reaction on his run. He was a total stud tho and still went over to our friends for dinner.
So we finished the day over at Jen and Sam's, relaxing with friends with the occasional sniffle and sneeze from Joey, my heart thankful.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha.. these are hilarious!
daelynn