Monday, November 29, 2010

The Funk.

I feel really weird, and I think it may be that I need a haircut. My boys are sleeping, so it's nice and quiet.
Thanksgiving was the bomb: the long weekend, seeing extended family, the gooey food, the turkey (dark meat all the way), going up in the mountains to cut our tree, bringing it home and having it's sappy smell fill my house, decorating it, decorating everything. We even got two Christmas shopping trips in. And then today, back in the normal swing of things, I feel tired.
The morning did not start off well. My alarm did not go off so instead I work up to Ethan asking if he could watch a movie forty five minutes after I should have been up. We got ready super quick and everything would have been fine only I put my keys in my underwear drawer (I NEVER have put my keys in my underwear drawer) and it took me twenty minutes to find them (I don't even know what I bothered to look in my underwear drawer. I think it was in a desperate, crazy, throw-open-every-cupboard-and-drawer-moment...maybe). Then out the door, planning on going eighty or eighty five the whole way, until I realized the freeway was backed up to California.
It's mornings like this where my lips are pursed and I try to do my yoga breathing so that I don't explode. It helped to look over at the lady in the silver car next to me and see that her lips were pursed and she looked about three seconds away from exploding too.
I feel all out of sorts lately. Like I said, maybe I just need a haircut. Or maybe it's more--I have had no desire to write, or have sex.
I know, I know! Right after that whole weekend sex frenzy post! And now I'm as cold as a dead fish. Oh the irony!
This has never happened in my entire life. Kinda like the car keys thing.
I'm kinda just moping around, waiting for it to pass....every once in a while I shake my head and my long hair trying to shake the funk out. It helps for about a minute and a half.
Maybe it's lack of exercise. With our big weekend I missed a couple of normal exercise times, and as I get older I realize more and more how closely linked working out is to my emotional well being. So I'll go work out tonight, see if that helps.
Maybe I need to get into a good book, go pick up some Anne Lamott.


No comments: