Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finally a post. Sorry for the Delay.

Life has been turned upside down.
It's not a bad thing, just different. Upside down.
I never thought I would work full time and I can't tell you how much of my identity was wrapped up in the deceptively safe place of stay at home mommyhood. It was there that I thought (obviously) that I was being the best christian, the best mom, the best wife, and that anywhere but there, at home, was a lame and materialistic place to be.
Maybe it is.
But that's not the point. The point is I am trusting God, and I am amazed at how big and spacious this "what-a-christian-woman-looks-like" is. I mean, it's actually kinda spacey in here, and a little scary because there is so much darn potential and so many choices.
I can't tell you how amazing my husband has been, how thankful I am for his work and dedication to Ethan and I. Let me brag.
I came home from work yesterday and this is what he had done:
vacuumed
cleaned both bathrooms --woohoo!
mopped all areas needing mopping
cleaned out the laundry room--BIG GROSS PROJECT
made the bed
mowed the lawn
There was more, I can't remember (it's late!) but he did all this while watching Ethan. He's just amazing.
Ok I am done.
In other news we have been re-vamping the backyard and everyday after work I come home and can't wait to go sit outside on my new little patio. I bought pillows yesterday for the chairs, and flowers and pots. It's lovely. The weather is warm and the air sweet with all the blooms. Ethan plays in his new sandbox (or that's the idea. He actually wasn't even into it today the little stinker). We also bought more aspen trees, which I love and would plant like a huge border all around my house if I had a thousand dollars to spend on trees. We could only afford three, and they are lining my walkway to my front door, like friends waiting to greet you. If they die, I will cry.

1 comment:

Deaira Dea said...

you were missed... Glad things are going well and you're adjusting to a new job! :) Yay for super husbands... I can't wait to have mine! :)