Wednesday, April 2, 2008

On The Horizon.

Spring is coming, even though the air outside still stings your cheeks. There are buds on the trees, and some, especially a bright yellow bush, have already sprouted.
The sun this morning came through out bedroom window, another reminder that summer is on the verge. I woke up happy to its silver shine.
After kickboxing I went through my closet, bagging up clothes I don't want for a friend who at least acts like she really appreciates them. I ended up giving her more than I maybe should, just because I know it makes her happy, and I remember getting clothes from an older cousin and it being the best thing in the world.
Then I replaced all my sweaters with my tank tops that have spent the winter in a huge Tupperware-like tub with a robin's egg blue lid. There all a bit wrinkly and smell like plastic but a couple days in the open should fix that for the most part. They hang with their bright stripes and flowers bringing spring even to my dark closet.
***
We are going to see another new baby this afternoon, a third for the week with one more coming any day. Life is everywhere, the miracle of a bloom, of a brand new baby's breath.

No comments: