Thursday, April 10, 2008

Jitter Bug.

I have my first TV interview in thirty minutes and this is what I am thinking: do I need lotion on my legs? I keep reminding myself I cannot go get another cup of coffee, because I will be shaking like a jitter bug during the interview if I do. I will be nervous and sweating enough as is.
I need to focus focus focus.
I hear Joey's voice, "You will do fine."
But then this morning when I asked him to help me pick out an outfit--black's too dark, too ominous; hot pink is too "I'm-so-cute-and-in-your-face"; I wanted nuetral colors but I had nothing, so I went with a mint green blouse I bought at Saver's--but like I said when I asked him if it was too bright, he just rolled over in bed and mumbled something like, "It looks fine."
So know I am not so sure I trust his fine comments.
And now I am in a very mint green colored blouse, with brown capris, so I feel a little like mint chocolate chip ice cream. Or like an Andes chocolate.
But you know what? The best advice I learned in college for this type of thing was to fake it.
So that is what I am going to do--act like I have been doing this since I was seven, like I did not sweat like a nervous pig on the way to work.
I am sure I will update you all on how it goes.

No comments: