Tuesday, June 5, 2012

I think it's important to do one thing that makes you feel alive once a day. For me, running, or writing. Sex sometimes. I think it's important to do one thing that makes you feel like you accomplished something, or created something that shows something else. Maybe that's what it is: all three of those things show something else: running shows accomplishment, writing shows life, sex shows love, intimacy even. And heck, all of them feel really good. They remind me I am alive. Breathing the air in Graeagle has the same effect. We will be there in two and a half weeks. I am giddy with excitement. I want to be with my boys, enjoy the long relaxed evenings with no dread of the alarm beeping (or now a days "harping" on the iphone-I hate that f-ing harp) my ear off. We are so blessed with Graeagle. It's only forty five minutes away-forty five minutes to quiet, to trees that point to heaven, to air sweet in my nostrils. My favorite thing to do there is walk, and listen to the quiet. It's a quiet you don't get in the city because it's a quiet without background noise. The "caw caw" of the bluejays is distinct and crisp against the silence and when the wind blows, gently, it sounds like running water way way off in the distance. It's a quiet that seeps in your bones, slows your heart rate without you knowing it. A quiet that allows you to recognize your own breath, reminding you that you are alive.

2 comments:

Mama said...

Exactly. Perfectly put.

Jeni said...

Glad that you're back to your blog! I hope you have a great trip. :)