Thursday, June 30, 2011

Waiting on the Weekend.

Today was typical, long. I teach Balletone after work. I have time to kill, which is fine by me because that means I can drive stress free over to Saint's, instead of driving like a mad woman, white knuckling it through yellow lights. I took a step class tonight before my class. I realize I am joining the step craze a little late but it's fun. I like the teal, pink, and black steps. Makes me feel like a real bonifide woman doing step. I don't know, maybe you aren't really a woman until you've mastered step aerobics.
I met my friend for lunch, which made my day a little brighter, a little shorter. We sat and talked in the sun. I felt a sisterly bond towards her as I said goodbye; maybe because I've known her for a while now, or maybe I just miss my sisters, especially the older one, so much right now. Of the three of us, she is the last one I thought would live outside the US, but there she is, halfway across the world. There's a nine hour time difference which makes telephone calls tricky. One or the other of us is either just getting up and the other is doing the bedtime routines for our boys.
I'm looking forward to this weekend. Daelynn and Chuy and the girls are in town; I love seeing my little sister's beautiful  family. It's so fun to have girls around.  Ethan is going to be camping with Nawnie and Ampa, and we will join them for one or two days.
I'm sort of in a funk, if you can't already tell. I think it could be one of a hundred of things, including but not limited to: busyness (haven't I just been talking about how I love that?), not seeing my husband, my period on her way, my body adjusting to half the amount of exercise it's been used to getting, my butt expanding due to the previous mentioned,  nobody caring about my expanding butt except for me and my extra tight pants, and busyness. I feel like I need a vacation, time to do nothing, read, connect with my boys, make love with Joey, and pray. The weekend is only two days way, thank God.


No comments: