Monday, November 30, 2009

Fifteen Minutes of My Day.

OK OK OK OK....Monday!! Got the morning started off fabulously with a six AM kickboxing class, came home to Ethan tripping over some toys in the dark hallway and when I picked him up and put my nose in his hair, the smell was sweet, breathtaking, like morning. I snuggled him and had a moment, thinking that it won't be long until he doesn't want me snuggling him anymore, so I took it in. Joey came out of the bedroom rubbing his eyes, in his underwear, and when he spoke his voice was all deep and sleepy.
The little booger started crying, so I went in and released him from his snugly, arms flying upward, legs stretching out all the way through his teeny toes. I love this stretch he does. When he does it his eyes are scrunched shut and his lips go into a straight line, making his cheeks bulge out like a chipmunk. It's pretty much breathtaking too.
We sat down to nurse. He's a little piglet, using his nose to nudge and bump and snuggle my breast until he finally latches on. He sounds like a little piggy too, grunting until he's on and gulping. I still cradle him in my arms, he's so small.


No comments: