Monday, July 6, 2009

That high, itty bitty voice of his.

Today has been a great day except now it's 3:23 and I have lost all motivation to do anything, let alone wash my sleeping bags which still have pee on them from camping two weeks ago.
I got up this morning and for the third day in a row and took my Bible, journal, and green tea up to the top patio and read and wrote and drank (tea). It was lovely, as usual. I entertain Ethan for this thirty minutes of peace with a movie or kid CD (the kind you can stand to listen to for about four and a half minutes before you want to rip your head off).
Then we went to Kmart because I thought they were going out of business (the cashier said they weren't--no duh, nothing was more than 10% off) and I bought Ethan a fat red plastic bat and white ball and blue L.A. gel for his hair. Makes him look tough. He needs a little toughness to balance out that voice of his.
Which holy smokes he would not stop talking the entire time we were in Costco. Talking, singing, whining, asking questions, talking. I honestly had to ask him to talk in a lower voice or mommy's head is going to explode, right into the white peaches.
"How's this mommy?" (talks in a lower voice, but not really any significant change.)
"That's great honey. That's great." And on we go. It's useless really, but you feel like you have to at least ask. At least try.
We bought the most awesome pool, I can't wait to set it up for Andrew and him to play in together. I can't wait to sit in it too.
He's up now.
"Mama! I want some orange juice mama. And I want you to pull up my pants too." I am ignoring him. "Mom? Mom? MOOOOOOOOOM?"
That means I better go. Tchau.

1 comment:

daelynn said...

hahah :) this is great.