Monday, March 9, 2009

Five o'clock.

Well, it is officially six thirty-five AM and I have been up for almost a solid two hours now. I am showered, make-uped, dressed. I have sipped my hot coffee in silence and wrote in my journal. I also wrote two notes, one to my Grammie and one to my older sister. I made Joey coffee and toasted him a cinnamon raisin bagel, topped with loads of cream cheese, the way I would like to eat bagels if I weren't a girl so concerned with the growing amount of cellulite dimples on her butt.
I never saw myself with crazy drunk man hair and no make-up, cause I hopped in the shower before looking in the mirror.
This might all sound really stupid, but I need this quiet time without Ethan, I need to not look like a lazy piece of you know what until noon everyday.
It hit me last night, if I used to get up at 4:30 Monday through Friday for work, get all dressed up and be ready to work my butt off by six AM, why should I not give that sort of dedication to being a mom to Ethan and wife to Joey?
I have been complaining to just about anyone who will listen to me for more than three seconds that I have not been feeling myself lately. No energy, no motivation, no inspiration. Well, girl, duh--I haven't been acting like myself lately either. With all the freedom that comes from being able to stay at home everyday and theoretically being able to do whatever the heck you want, I have become the laziest, most crabby person you can imagine.
So--
Five o'clock AM has just become my new favorite time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yep.. you just got to get up and think about it later...

We are silly humans who repeat the same " i hate " behavior until the anger dwelves up so much you have to do something.. I am inspired.. and will take you up on that wonderful hour of the day.. actually.. here if you go out and walk at 5-8am.. you will meet the kindest, friendliest.. beautiful people.. if you take a walk from 8am on.. no more hellos.. no smiles.. fatter people.. i'm telling you. It might just be a sercret to life. :)

I love you.. and love that ethan will love you like that.. i hate to be so far:(
daelynn