Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Beloved Trumpet.

So I am sitting on the carpet by my bed bawling my eyes out and Ethan is there, asking me if I am sad, telling me it's going to be OK, and do I want to go snuggle on the couch? I am pretty much ignoring him because I have all this really important grown-up stuff going on in my brain and it's just way too complicated for any three year old to smooth over. He runs out the door and I think, thank goodness, let me cry in peace. Then I see his little fingers curling around the door, pushing it open, and there he is, holding his trumpet out to me, looking the other way and says, "Mommy, you can have it."
I think that is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.

1 comment:

Simon Jooste said...

oh, how sweet!!! what a wonderful little boy you have! I am waiting for the day when Andrew says something sweet like that. Him telling you that he is glad you are at home with him now was SO sweet too! Andrew's not quite that perceptive or articulate yet :)