Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Check Up.

I went to the surgeon's office today to check up on everything. I felt queasy last night, and going out to PF Chang's for dinner didn't help anything at all. It was all I could do not to barf on the way home, smelling the leftovers sitting in the backseat.
This morning I felt a little better; I keep telling myself This is it. You are back to normal. Stop moping around. But it's really hard to remember what "normal" felt like--was I always feeling this blah? No exercise probably isn't helping things, but I am not sure I am strong enough for anything like that...maybe? I thought I might start with a stretching video and see how that goes.
But anyway, this morning before Ethan and I left I grabbed a big glass of Gatorade mixed with water. I usually never take a drink in the car with me, but I planned on having my blood work done for the OB, and the nurse said to make sure I was really hydrated. So I dropped Ethan off at Grandma Patty's and called Jen, my good friend, because I had the whole day ahead of me, with nothing to do after the doc's (Joey is snowboarding). I thought we could meet up for lunch. She suggested Sushi, I said absolutely not, and as soon as I hung up the phone with her I puked into that still half full Gatorade cup. I don't know what I would have done without that cup--it's not like you carry a puke bowl in the car. And I was driving. Late to my appointment. All I can say is that doctor is lucky he didn't find himself talking with a patient covered in smelly barf.
After my appointment I decided not to go get the blood work done because I was feeling so crappy, but all I could think to do is go home and sleep. The only other option was shopping, so I went to Old Navy and looked for maternity stuff. I ended up buying Ethan a whole bunch of really cute shorts and some shirts on clearance. I also bought Joey a cowboy shirt so he doesn't feel left out. I will give it to him as a Valentine's Day present since I was totally out of it on Saturday.
And now I am home, feeling pretty good (good enough to do housework? Not so sure) and I open a fortune cookie from last night. It reads: Pleasure awaits your company. The cookie tastes pretty darn good so I eat another one. This one says, Tomorrow will be a five star day for you! Enjoy.
I could eat these all day, especially since they seem to be giving out such nice predictions, but I opt for sour gummy worms instead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's probably just the pregnancy hormones... I'll have to go buy you some fortune cookies.

Deaira Dea said...

fortune cookies are one of my favorite snacks in fact my family hoardes them for me when they get chinese food... glad you're feeling more normal... :)