Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Quiet Beginning to 2013.

One of those rare nights where I am alone. The quietness is thick around me, and if I didn't know my boys were up at Graeagle, looking at the stars with the new telescope Ethan got for his birthday, it would be eery and wrong.
Instead, it's just quiet.
I get anxious whenever I'm given time like this: at first, I'm overwhelmed and excited about all the possibilities and things I could accomplish with the time (go through the boys' bedroom, organize their itty bitty legos and throw out McDonald crap, deep clean the baseboards, re-organize the pantry, write on the blog, put together the scrapbook that's been neglected for going on three years now...) but as my mind explodes in all different directions, my motivation wanes and I find myself on the couch, unable to decide what would be the MOST efficient use of the precious time.
Which is exactly where I found myself tonight when the thought came to me to take a bubble bath.
I had to clean out all of the boys bath toys in the tub before I could begin to run the water and then I grabbed their superhero bubble bath and poured it in. 
I like a hot bath, so as soon as I got in I turned the knob as hot as it would go. I rarely ever, ever, ever take a bath and tonight, just me and Pandora, it felt so good. So definitely the right choice.
After getting out and getting my jammies on, my head felt less like a ping pong machine. I made myself some Strawberry Rose Champagne tea, compliments of my dear little sister, and grabbed some blackberries. There's a soft cozy blanket over my legs and the heater is warming my toes.
It's the first day of 2013. It makes me smile, the newness of it. The potential, the possibility. Here's to a healthy and happy 2013!

No comments: