Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Busy Days Full of Love.

We have been very, very busy. The house is all done, mostly, except for those last couple of tiles in the kitchen, the couple of paint touch-ups from the walls getting banged from this or that. It's beautiful, it's peaceful, and we love living life in it.
Deana and the boys came to visit a month ago and left today. It's been amazingly special to get to know little Adam, and to reacquaint ourselves with Andrew.
The next time we see them they will probably be "big" boys, taller than me. What an awesome reunion that will be! Deana is on the flight home with them as I write, 45 hours this time, including an eight hour lay over in Dubai. Just the thought of it makes me want to go back on my antidepressant.  It was so good to be able to see her again, touch her...there's something about having someone in the flesh, seeing the way they stand, they way they hold their hands, the rhythm of their steps...you just don't get with the telephone or skype or fb. It's like you remember they are alive.
We spent time in Graeagle, watching and playing in the soft beautiful snow.

Ethan had surgery number two in the middle of everything, taking us to Sacramento over and over for the surgery and check ups. I don't mind; it's a wonderful way to spend a day as a family on a short road trip with a stop at Ikeda's for lunch. Can't ask for much more than that.
His ear, although not perfect, is more than he had before. He wears sunglasses now whenever he gets the chance and the other day he said to himself while looking in the mirror, "This is what I always wanted! To just be a regular kid!".  All my doubts and worries about if we should do the surgery went out the window at that point.
He's got one more to go, to put the final touches on it. I thank God for Shriner's Hospital and he was able to have these surgeries done at absolutely no cost to us. If you ever want a cause to support, support them.
I am looking forward to summer, the warm sun browning my skin, relaxing my anxieties as I slowly melt in it's warmth. We go to Vegas this weekend and that's all I plan to do: lay by the pool, read, think, work out, eat, and spend wonderful time with Joey.
Rain or shine, sun or snow. Us. Together = Love.


No comments: