Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Summer Lov'in.

Determined...
Staying up late and talking on the deck. And drinking wine, obviously. Wine eyes.

This one is long over-due. It's Ethan's First Day of Kindergarten Picture. And just a quick up-date: he is rocking it, just like his mama knew he would!
Swimming! Lots of good swim time with daddy in the Millpond.
Basically though this was an amazing summer. We spent so much wonderful time together, at Tahoe, at Graeagle, at home. 


A family comes so quick. I am so blessed by these three men in my life!

It's been a month since we have been there, but Noah still wakes up and says, "Millpond! Wader wings! GO!"
The one thing I've learned working full time is to appreciate every non-working moment I have with my kids. 
I love this new role I am in as a "working mother"-forget the labels, I am Danae, walking in the ways God has guided me in.  
I am slowly climbing out of the box I had built for myself, of what I thought my life would look like, of what I thought my life was supposed to look like, and I am letting myself try new things. I'm getting to know myself it seems for the first time. Or maybe not so much getting to know, maybe just not shooting down every want and desire that springs up inside me. I'm letting them simmer, praying about them, giving them room to grow if they are good things. And lots of them are, imagine!
 I can't believe what this has done, how different my life is tonight from four months ago. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not afraid to be honest with God. I'm not afraid of how He put me together in my mother's womb. I'm not afraid to screw up and learn and move on, enjoying every second of everyday I get with my family and the people I love.
 
 
 

2 comments:

jdenwell said...

Awesome Post Danae!! Thanks!!

scoeyd said...

Nice - great to hear :)