Saturday, August 28, 2010

This Saturday feels like Fall.

What a wonderfully lazy Saturday. The boys let us sleep in 'till eight o'seven, which was just heaven. We got up and had coffee and sourdough toast with butter and strawberry jam. The morning passed quickly but with no rush. Noah went down for his first nap, Ethan and Joey went to the golf course to hit a few balls, and I cleaned the house like a chicken with her head cut off, which is my custom, jumping from one chore to the next until I realized I never finished the one before, so then I'll jump back to that one. Somehow some of it gets done, completely. The bed is changed and made. The laundry is dry (but not folded). The dishes are in the dishwasher. I think I swept the kitchen.
When the boys came home we all went to Costco. I took a long nap when we got home. So did Noah. Ethan should have, but didn't. And now Ethan is playing in his sandbox, Noah is talking in his crib, and it's Joey's turn to sleep.
Daelynn's matevanna tea is keeping me warm and cozy because today feels like fall has arrived. The skies are gray with clouds and the wind is blowing. I never mind the first few days of fall, as long as I have my tea, and can re-decorate a bit. Which is what I think I will do right now.

No comments: