Friday, July 16, 2010

friday.

I've seen that butterfly now on two separate occasions, floating around, flying through the warm summer days in my backyard. It's pretty freaking incredible. Like God is saying to me, "Whoya calling jerk, now, huh??"
I watch her float through the air and I take a deep breath and just sit there, stunned.
I didn't have to go into work today, so I am being quite lazy. Nap. eat. blog. Tonight I run in my very first race, and I am soooooo excited!! Mostly for the time of night I will be running: the race starts at eight, that perfect summertime time, where the air is cooling off but still deliciously warm, the sky is dull pinks and yellows and greys, and the mountains turn purple. The smell of the air turns sweet. I used to always run at this time in the summer before children's' bedtimes took over. So tonight is a treat, a drink, if you will. And indulgence. I plan to savor every step.

No comments: