Saturday, October 18, 2008

Frog.

It's early Saturday morning, one of my favorite times. Quiet. Coffee. Bathrobe.
Last night I came home late and let the doggies out, and right before I closed the door I saw something on the pavement. It was a frog, on it's back, legs outstretched in the most unnatural way, dead. It surprised me, and I felt sad and grossed out at the same time. "Good grief," I said to myself and then shut the door, musing on how random and disgusting that was.
Then this morning when I let the doggies out again, there was that frog, same place, only this time right side up and with his legs in a normal position. He still looked sick, and one of his foggy feet looked like it was smashed onto the pavement and he was slowly trying to drag his body away from it. There was a dark wet spot all around him, like he was in the middle of a circle.
I just checked on him again and he still there, quiet and not moving. It's seriously upsetting.

No comments: